Thursday, January 15, 2009

1st heartbeat

So today I went to see my doctor at 1:40pm. Due to the time of the appointment and him being out of pre-k already, Isaac went with me which always keeps things exciting. Dr. was gone delivering a baby so I had to see the NP. I was a little disappointed because I had several questions that I only want my dr. to answer so I'll call him tomorrow to find out. Anyway, we didn't have to have a sonogram this time because I've been trouble-free since the day after Christmas. The NP was able to hear the heartbeat for the first time and it was 156 beats per minute. Obviously it's very exciting to have heard a heartbeat considering all we've been through. Isaac was there and thought the heartbeat was pretty cool and said it, "sounds like a horse!" He also thought the little room you change in was "his house." As it turned out I had to have an exam and Isaac was quite sure he should help. NOT!!! The NP pulled out the speculum and he wanted to know if that was tweezers, what is that, and does that hurt?! He's quite the nosey child and it was all I could do just to keep him on his chair and maintain my own privacy as best I could. It was quite hilarious for all involved and the ladies got quite a kick out of him. All is well for now and my next appointment is finally a "normal" monthly one scheduled for 2/17/09. We also scheduled our big sonogram for 2/16/09. That's when we'll hopefully find out the sex of the baby as well as all the other health items they look for. Keep us in your prayers that our little one is healthly and doing well in there...thanks!

On a side note that is probably TMI but quite hilarious, I need to say that within the last week or so Isaac was quite concerned about, "how's that baby gonna get out of your tummy?" We have a very factual belief system in our house and I tend to tell it like it is (I know, imagine that?!) and use the correct terminology in doing so. I explained to him that the baby will come out of my vagina. To which he responded with a huge gasp followed by, "but mommy, that will break your china!!!" HAHAHAHA!!! I told him not to worry, it won't break....china's are amazing and can do all kinds of great things! Lol! Oh this is going to be SUCH a fun, hilarious, learning experience for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment