Saturday, March 7, 2009

What an awesome week!






















On Tuesday Amy & Natalie came over after their MyGym class and we did a bit of planning for moving the boys' room & transitioning their current room into Immanuel's nursery. Then I picked up Isaac & we went to lunch with Amy, Natalie & Susie. After lunch we went to Amy's for more visiting and the kids played. Isaac thinks Natalie is quite fantastic and it was so cute to watch them interact with one another. That night in his prayers he thanked Jesus for "this wonderful day, going to lunch with mommy & her friends, for ice cream, for cute baby Natalie, for our family & my new baby brotter" among other things, it was the sweetest prayer, however, he always does a VERY good job.



Wednesday I met with some clients in the morning and then spent the afternoon cooking and on the phone dealing with some work stuff. I'm a freak when it comes to cooking raw meat and especially chicken. This day was to be a shining moment for me! I've been craving boiled chicken, rice & gravey like my mom used to make. However, I'm totally traumatized by entire chicken carcass period, let alone touching it or preparing it. Ewwwww. But I'm going to do it! So I buy it and unwrap it and get it in the pan. I'm totally grossed out by the experience and the skin. After numerous calls to mom as to how to do all this gross prep work I decide to take the skin off prior to cooking. That was so disgusting! However, I got er done. The entire time this has been going on I've been making awful noises, expressing my disgust, and fake vomitting my way through as Isaac has been quite intrigued with me & this whole mess. I'm quite sure if they continue to hang around me as I cook they'll end up being vegetarians as adults. Finally I get the bird in the pot of water and on the stove. Then I made lunch for Isaac and sat down to peel potatoes for the potato soup I was also making. As we were sitting there eating the water began to boil and hiss on the stove. Isaac looked FREAKED out at the stared at the stove and asked with extreme concern in his voice, "mom, WHAT is that chicken doing over there?!" I about died laughing! I had tried to explain to him as I was preparing it that it was dead and we were going to then cook it and eat it. He wanted to know if it was the kind that went cluck cluck and where was it's head. Ummmm, yeah, that explanation was getting fun. So then when the water started hissing he was freaked! Through my laughter I explained that it was just the water boiling and the steam was hissing from under the lid. To which he asked, "ooooh, is the chicken allergic to the water?" LOL!!!! Later we had the chicken, rice, gravey & steamed broccoli for dinner and it was a hit with everyone. However, the prep was quite a hoot for me & Isaac!



On Thursday it was in the low 80's so when I picked Isaac up from school we decided to go home, pack a picnic lunch, and the go to the park. We invited one of his buddies from school, Judah, and his mom. We had a lovely lunch and then played all afternoon. We were at the park from 1pm to 4pm when we went to get Isaiah from school. We basically turned right around and went back to the park so Isaiah could get in some play time as well. We were there until 6pm and then went home. Once we got home we played basketball in the front. Daddy arrived home from work shortly after we began so we all played until dinner time. Then we had dinner, baths and got ready for bed. It was a full day, at the end of which we were all tired, but it was tons of fun!!!



Friday was another beautiful day. Ishaku took the day off from work so he & I spent the morning together sans kiddos and enjoyed that. Then I went to lunch with my dear friend from high school, Stephanie. We visited and did the usual catching up. In the afternoon I ran a few errands without my lil helper, Isaac, which was nice. Then we all went to pick up Isaiah from school. He loved having the whole family get him. Then we all played basketball in the front. Two neighbor boys were watching longingly so Ishaku invited them over. They live across the street and over two houses. They've only lived there a couple months we learned. We met their mom and all the boys had fun. They have a 12-year-old boy and a 7-year-old boy. The youngest cracked me up because as we were playing outside he laughed and said to me, "this is funny, you guys are like the opposite of us." I asked him what he meant. He explained, "your white and their dad is black. Our mom is black and our dad is white. Cool." Gotta love kids, their observations, and the ways they say what they say! Then we went in for showers & dinner.



This weekend is especially nice because we have nothing scheduled! No games, no play dates, no work obligations, just relaxation! Lauren and Peter invited us to go to the zoo with their family but it's a little cool and overcast today so we've decided to stay home and chill. Instead we've rented "The Great Muppet Caper," which was both of our favorite muppet movie when we were kids, so Ishaku and I are excited to share the saga of Lady Holiday and the baseball diamond with the boys today. Ishaku also caught a bit of "The Family Stone," on tv the other day. He thought it looked good and wanted to stop watching so we could rent it and watch it together. So we've also got that to watch tonight after the boys are in bed. Of course we'll go to church but otherwise have nothing else to do. So it's movies, relaxation and church for us this weekend, which I'm lovin! Next weekend soccer and flag football games start for both boys and we're looking forward to that fun but for now we'll enjoy the quiet...or at least as much quiet as there ever is in our house! ;) Pictures of all the fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment