Friday, February 13, 2009

Baby Movement & Valentine's Parties & Concert!
















So, as usual I'm running behind because I'd meant to post yesterday. The exciting news from yesterday morning that I wanted to share is that I felt the baby move! I've been feeling something in there for days but never could feel it from the outside. And I don't consider it "real" until I can confirm it externally. So I was lying in bed yesterday around 7:30am and felt those sensations again. Once again I put my hands on my belly and hoped to feel something other than my own pulse in my fingers/belly or my belly moving up and down as was breathing. Finally I felt something! With my hands on my tummy I felt this definite thump. I waited a few seconds and in the same spot felt it again, and a few seconds later yet another. I can definitely say those 3 taps were the baby for sure. How exciting! Makes me feel good to have confirmation that he/she is okay in there. Isaiah was in the room with me and while he didn't get to feel it I told him about it and he was very exicited! He ran downstairs to tell daddy and then told Isaac as soon as he woke up.

Now for the Valentine's fun...yesterday both boys had school parties because they don't have school today. I went to Isaac's in the morning and it was fun. That's him sitting next to his buddy, Hannah. He won't say he likes her because girls are gross, but they've been quite fond of each other since the school year started and sit by one another at their tables & on the carpet during circle time stuff - but they are assigned that way. In the afternoon Isaac and I were getting ready to go to Isaiah's. As we drove in the car Isaac says to me, "the kids in Isaiah's class will be so happy to see me.....especially the girls!" What is wrong with him?! Why do I have a Casanova on my hands already?! He is quite popular in Isaiah's class since we're there everyday dropping off Isaiah, and lots of the kids say hello to him and know him by name, but the "especially the girls" comment?! Lord help me! Then one of the mother's at Isaiah's party asked me if I was Isaiah's mom. When I told her yes she said she had to tell me a funny story. Her niece was in Isaiah's pre-k class and now attends a different school. Her daughter is now in Isaiah's kindergarten class. She said they have some pretty heated debates in their house when her niece comes over about whose boyfriend Isaiah is! Jade is pretty sure he's her's because she had him first in pre-k, and Genia is pretty sure he's her's because she has him now in kindergarten!! I asked him about it later and of course, he knew nothing about it and "doesn't have any girlfriends and never has!" What in the world am I going to do with these two cuties that all the girls love?! At least one of em doesn't like the attention!

Then at 6:30pm Isaiah had a Valentine's Day concert. This is his first concert since the only one they did in pre-k so I was very excited! They sang cute love songs like the ol' "I'm gonna wrap myself in paper, I'm gonna dob myself with glue, put some stamps on top of my head, I'm gonna mail myself to you!" I remember singing when I was in elementary school music. They also sang this song, "Skinny-ma-rink-a-dink-a-dink, Skinny-ma-rink-a-doo, I loooove, you," which they had actions to. Whenever they did the I love you part they pointed to the audience....all with one exception! This little girl was standing next to Isaiah and EVERYtime they did the pointing part she QUITE obviously pointed directly at Isaiah!! It was hilarious! He seemed a bit embarassed by it but not too bad, he just sheepishly grinned and looked toward the floor a few times when she did it. I asked him about it later and he just smiled, looked a bit embarassed, and said, "yeah, I think she likes me." LOL! Yikes, more girls swooning over my baby! The concert was adorable and afterward we went out for ice cream as a family to celebrate. It was a lovely day! If I can figure it out (and get around to it) I'll post some of the pictures and video! The little girl in the pink & white stripes with the flower in her hair on the front row is the one fighting with her cousin over whose "boyfriend" Isaiah is. And check out the little girl pointing to Isaiah on the Skinny-ma-rink-a-dink-a-doo song video! HAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment