Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tomorrow is the 1st big trip to KC

I can't believe that tomorrow we're leaving for KC. Sigh. Immanuel is scheduled for his pre-admission testing at 2:00 p.m. Then hopefully later in the day/evening we'll get to meet Melissa, Maccoy & perhaps other members of her family. That is the brightest part for me. While I look forward to having Immanuel "mended" and closer to being able to behave like a "normal" baby, I'm sick with the anticpation of it all. I think today I've been numb. I've been so task-oriented with all the "to-dos" before leaving that I've barely had time to breathe, let alone worry, or really let it sink in what's about to happen. I did take Immanuel for his 7-month pictures at JC Penney's and we took some extra special "heart" ones. I was worried they wouldn't turn out but they are better than I'd hoped for! As crazy as it sounds I just wanted to document his scar-free chest today in pictures just in case he ends up having to go into emergency surgery during this trip. As soon as they email them to me I'll be posting them. I think I'll just stop there about my feelings or I'll get carried away to a place I don't want to go. I just know God has a plan for our little Immanuel and for us, and I have faith in His plan so I'm going forward in that faith knowing that everything is going to be fine with God's grace. Tonight I'm going to the 1st Wichita CHD Families Association meeting. I'm looking forward to that, although I shouldn't go due to time constraints. However, since they're only offered every other month I'm going. There's another baby in the group with TOF so I'm looking forward to meeting that family also, we've emailed before. Well, that's all for now. I'm trying really hard to at least make entries and while I was feeding the baby I thought I'd jot down my current feelings. I'm off to the meeting, we'll keep you all posted. Say a prayer for Immanuel and for us. Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment