Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our Valentine's love story...

Okay, so I keep talking about getting back to my blog and it keeps not happening. Today I was reflecting on this day and it hit me, JUST BLOG IT! So here I am. 11 years ago today, ON Valentine's Day, ON a Sunday, IN church I found my husband. I'd known him from mutual friends for two years but we didn't really know each other that well and I hadn't given it much thought. However, on 2/13/99 I'd felt lost & depressed and knew something had to give. The only thing I could think of was that I needed Jesus in my life. I was already saved but had lost sight of what mattered so I knew I needed to go to church. I called Jessie and told her I was going to church tomorrow and she was welcome to join me, but that I knew it was a holiday and if she had other plans I understood. She agreed to go. The next day we went together and her boyfriend was going to go too but he was coming seperately. We sat there singing. In walked her man with his buddy. They sat with us. The pastor said in the sermon, "not that you're supposed to be lusting in church, don't misunderstand me, but if there's ever a perfect place to meet someone of quality it's in church." I looked at this guy sitting three people over from me and thought to myself, "wouldn't that be crazy if he and I started dating and got married and someday we could tell our kids this story of how me met in chruch ON Valentine's day?" thinking nothing of it really. After church we went out to lunch, the four of us. On 2/15 Jaq & Shock moved into the same apartment complex I'd just moved into on 2/1/99. Over the next week they borrowed many things from me as bachelors just moving do. The next weekend we did the same but this time it was group decision to go to church together and then lunch. That night I gave Shock a ride back to the apartments from Jessie's and invited him to my place to help hang pictures and hang out. We talked about everything under the sun for over 5 hours! I think my heart knew in that moment what God had told me subconsciously on Valentine's day....this is my husband. About a month later we'd told each other that we loved each other & I told my mom I was going to marry him. Two and a half years later we were married on 9/1/2001. Here we are now, 11 years together, 8+ years of marriage, 3 boys, and a million happy memories later - Praise God! I love you, baby! I'm so glad we took a chance on each other that day 11 years ago. You and our boys are my everything!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story!! Keep updating this blog you will be surprised who comes to visit! I have met a lot of other heart moms from my blog!! Plus I love to see the pictures of the little guys! They are so cute!! I hope to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete