Monday, June 28, 2010

He took two steps!

I'm sitting here on the couch doing a lab assignment on the gross anatomy of the brain and to my left is Immanuel holding onto the coffee table with the deflated football in one hand and the small basketball (that used to belong to a build-a-bear) in the other. He rolled the basketball to me on the table and I rolled it back. As I did the ball rolled off the table and toward his toy area. As it did I watched him watch the ball and then let go of the table to go get the ball. I watched the wheels in motion in his head. He took one step and then another! The knees bent a bit on the second step but he straigtened back up in an attempt to take a third but then plopped down and crawled to get it - all with the deflated football still in the other hand! I'm so proud! That's the first time I've seen him really take two official steps and remain up for long enough to count them as steps. Previously he's only gotten one and then dropped. We are making major progress! It's only a matter of time until my baby boy is walking! Time is going too fast for this mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment